Taylor has discontinued the Enigma so they are on clearance at off until our stock is sold. Reels are now $135 instead of $180. Spools are now $60 instead of $90
ENIGMA (DEFINITION): 1. SOMETHING WHICH BAFFLES OR PERPLEXES. 2. AN OCCURRENCE OR THING THAT IS OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES OF WHAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED NORMAL.
Our goal with the Enigma ESD was to create a new type of unsealed drag with many of the same desired qualities of a sealed drag. The Enigma ESD (EXTERIOR SEALED DRAG) is a hybrid reel being neither sealed nor unsealed. The Enigma externally seals both the clutch and the bearings (the most common parts to fail or freeze in a reel) while leaving the drag disks unsealed. The Enigma ESD is a new class of fly reel that stands alone among the competition.
- Large Arbor Design for Fast Retrieve
- Machined from aerospace 6061 T6 Bar Stock Aluminum
- One way pleasing clicker. Prevents over-spooling
- Simple tool free spool removal
- ESD - Exterior Sealed Drag
- Convertible to both left and right hand retrieve
- Multiple O-rings to seal drag from water and debris
- Skeletonized reel foot
- Anodized Exterior for Both Beauty and Protection
- Powerful Carbon Fiber Disk Drag System; Strong enough for large fish and subtle enough to protect the finest tippets.
- Smooth Drag that Eliminates Start-Up Friction
- V-Shaped spool increases capacity and line retrieval speeds