Thomas and Thomas Avantt Fly Rods
Thomas and Thomas sponsored the film Confluentus: The Merging of All Things which Gilbert Rowley, Chris Cutler, and I filmed in August 2017. The film will be shown in the 2018 International Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4). Joe Goodspeed at T and T was kind enough to built us a rod specifically for targeting bull trout with streamers while also being the perfect rod for lake fishing. After trading some prototypes and having some discussions, T and T built us a sweet 10' 6 weight with custom downlocking reel seats to improve balance. Not only did it make a great rod for fishing big streamers in the film as well as mouse patterns, but I have really enjoyed fishing it on lakes since as well. This rod makes a great crossover rod for heavy nymphing (think steelhead), Euro nymphing streamers or throwing them on sinking lines, or chucking loads of line on the lake.
T&T’s proprietary StratoTherm Resin has such incredible strength and vibration dampening characteristics that it forced us to approach freshwater fly rod design in a new way. The result is the remarkably light and responsive Avantt Series. With ultra-low swing weight and lightning-fast recovery, these rods come alive in the hand.
At close range, the Avantt rods provide precise command of the fly with a delicate touch. Longer casts reveal surprising power and line speed with tight loops and excellent line control.
- Four piece multi-modulus graphite blank incorporating Thomas & Thomas’ latest proprietary composites and curing process
- Low Friction Finish (LFF) in stealth matte 'T&T Blue'
- Titanium-frame ceramic stripping guides and Snake brand ECOating guides
- Anodized aluminum custom down-locking reel seat
- Blue wraps with white accents
- Grip of select Flor-grade cork