Scientific Anglers Amplitude Infinity
The infinity taper from SA has quickly become our favorite floating line when a little extra "punch" is needed. Working with indicator rigs, faster action rods, distance presentations, windy days, the Infinity taper is our first choice in these scenarios, and many more. The Infinity is a half-size heavy and features a conspicuously long head making it handle wonderfully at distance and mend with ease. It's unique taper design, coupled with every technical advantage that SA has to offer make the Amplitude Infinity an easy first choice for a heavier floating line.
Here's what SA has to say:
The conventional wisdom in fly fishing is that there’s no such thing as a “do it all” freshwater line. We have something to say about that. The Amplitude Infinity has the power to bomb out streamers, yet retains delicacy for dry flies. It mends like an absolute dream, and delivers flies at all distances. Built a half-size heavy, with a long head and substantial front taper, it’s perfect for everything from trout and panfish to pike and steelhead. There’s a reason we call it the Infinity: there is no end to what you’ll be able to do with it.
The first series of lines to feature the revolutionary AST PLUS slickness additive, the Amplitude series will shoot farther and last longer than any other line on the market. It’s slickness down to a science.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Floating Texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation; it simply keeps dry flies floating longer
- Shooting Texture running line delivers longer casts, thanks to a reduction in friction
- Extremely versatile general-purpose taper designed for most freshwater species; an excellent line for trout, grayling, panfish, bass, carp, steelhead, salmon, and pike
- Made a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods, but works well with a variety of rod actions
- Extended head length for long-distance casts and superior mending ability
- SA AMP INFINITY WF X F (X = line weight)